I participated in my first Ragnar Relay last April when fellow Sole Runner, Sarah, talked me into joining her So Cal team, '12 peas in a pod'.
Before I participated in my first Ragnar, I had no idea what to expect so I did searched online for tips, best practices, and other advice.
Since I'm a professional packing list maker, I compiled my inaugural 'The Green Girl's Ragnar Packing List' based on my research findings.
One Ragnar and I was hooked. It was so much fun!
This year, I did Ragnar So Cal again, and then I did my first out-of-state relay, Ragnar Madison Chicago.
I am looking forward to sharing my Ragnar love and offering up my professional packing lists and tips.
What is a Ragnar Relay?
A Ragnar Relay is a multi-person road or trail race with a route that is divided into 36 legs of varying difficulty and distances between 3-11 miles, with designed exchange points. The teams consisted of 6-12 individuals split evenly into two vans.
What is a Ragnar Ambassador?
The Ragnar Ambassador responsibilities are the following:
- Wear Ragnar branded gear and run/volunteer in at least 5 races
- Wear Ragnar branded gear and run with club/store twice a month
- Spread the word about Ragnar through social media
- Ragnar Ambassador branded gear
- One Free Individual Entry into local 2013 Ragnar Relay
- 1st shot at being part of local Ragnar SWAT (SWAT manages the race on race weekend)
- Discounts on Ragnar Gear at Ragnar events